YSA’s ten Global Youth Council members from all over the world work to strengthen communities by providing ideas and substantial feedback to improve YSA’s programs, developing resources through YSA to increase youth involvement in service, and acting as YSA ambassadors on an international scale.
All YSA Youth Council members are responsible for:
- Contributing to the work of one of four committees: Communications/ICT, Outreach, Education/Grants, and Development.
- Serving as a grant reviewer for YSA Grant programs.
- Serving as a mentor to YSA Grant program youth grantees.
- Providing feedback on YSA programs and resources as requested.
- Planning and implementing a Global Youth Service Day or Semester of Service project.
- Serving as a representative of YSA as local spokesperson, speaker, trainer.
- Promoting YSA’s campaigns, grants, and resources through their networks.
- Continuing service and leadership role in their school, community, or organization, incorporating YSA’s programs into the work of your partner organization.
- Providing input to YSA’s Board of Directors through four Youth Council members selected to serve as members of YSA’s Board of Directors.
- Developing strategy to raise funding for a Youth Council-run grant program; if funding secured, develop and manage grant program.
- Connecting with their U.S. Representative, U.S. Senators, Mayor, and other elected officials.
Benefits of membership:
- Represent YSA at events and conferences;
- Gain preference in YSA’s grant application process;
- Have unique opportunities to connect with staff and youth at YSA’s partner organizations;
- Work with a YSA staff member to finalize and promote specific resources; and
- Understand how an international nonprofit operates.
- You must be between the ages of 14-22 years old; and
- You must be associated with an organization. This may include your own organization or an organization with which you volunteer.
- You must be committed to youth service and volunteerism and increasing youth voice globally.