Five Summits have taken place : Toronto, 2010; Paris, 2011; Mexico City, 2012; Moscow, 2013 and Sydney, Australia (2014).. Each Summit produces a communique which is presented to the G20 Leaders, Ministers of Industry, Health, Innovation, Economic Development and Foreign Affairs and Ambassadors. Each Summit also results in the development of community based initiatives led by the delegates.
We invite you to apply if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- female, 18-23 years of age (at the time of the Summit);
- live and hold citizenship in one of the G20 member countries plus the Afghanistan, African Union, Azerbaijan*, the European Union, Pakistan, MENA region, Spain* or Singapore*. (These represent the members of the G20 plus countries invited by the Government of Turkey)
- have an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- can commit to launching a post Summit initiative/project in your own community;
- consent to appear in any and all media; and,
Please note that it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
Upon being chosen, delegates will be required to participate before Summit training (media & leadership assessment), connect with the G(irls)20 alumni and complete a reading package to be familiar with the G20 process and issues and G(irls)20 partners.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to Istanbul; moj link
- Accommodations while in Turkey (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation
Launched in 2009 at the Clinton Global Initiative, G(irls)20 is a Canadian based, globally active social profit enterprise that places girls and women at the heart of the economic decision making process by working with business, social profit enterprises and government.