The Toronto Youth Cabinet is a non-partisan advocacy organization that strives to improve the quality of life for Toronto’s youth. In working together with City Councillors and through fostering partnerships amongst various organizations, the Cabinet is dedicated to providing young people with a forum in which they are able to build an equitable, accessible, and youth-friendly Toronto.
WE ARE CHANGEMAKERS
- Successfully lobbied City Council to introduce a dedicated grant stream for youth-led initiatives called the Identify ‘N’ Impact Investment Fund.
- Successfully lobbied City Council for Parks and Recreation Youth Outreach Workers.
- Successfully stopped a ban on youth activities on Albert Campbell Square in Scarborough.
- Organized major campaigns and events, including The Cause, INI Awards, Youth Forum on Homelessness, Community Speakouts, Save the Pools Campaign, Stop the Violence Campaign, Recreation Works Campaign, etc.
- Published a report on youth homelessness in the City of Toronto.
- Successfully lobbied for funding for the Toronto Youth Partnerships & Employment program (February 2016)